Remember how your mom used to lecture you to eat as many fruits & veggies as possible? Well, as you’ve probably learned by now, moms are always right, and here’s why.
The Benefits Of Green Foods:
- Boost energy levels and immune system – these little green babies are strong fighters against bacteria and viruses;
- Clean body from toxins, such as heavy metals - especially broccoli and spinach (yes, broccoli! And hey, Popeye!);
- Contain vital antioxidants, vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins B, C, E, and K and omega-3 fatty acids – all essential for good health;
- Help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol;
- Contain few sugars and are packed with fiber and water;
- Increase cellular metabolism;
- Surge digestion;
- Improve skin, hair, nails and even breath;
- And last, but definitely not least – they are low in calories.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock